Submitted: 07-21-2010 by crausch

I bought 2 of these about a month ago. I have had them out 4 times now. I was worried about the reviews on the tracking, but not many of the shorter inexpensive kayaks seemed to track that great in reviews either. I love what I have so far for the price $399 each. Nice dry well in the stern, plenty of leg room, and I like the style. While I did find the tracking (at time in the wind) to require some extra paddles, it is not enough that makes me regret getting this model. When I am going with the wind this kayak can cruise along nicely and effortlessly. So far I am very happy with them. It is light enough that I can portage them and get them off the roof of my Chevy Tahoe which is fairly high. There were no drain plugs, but I have ordered some to install myself.

My one Rhythm was built in 11/2009 and had a foam block in the bow 12x12x3. My other one was made in 5/2010 and did not. They factory said that they discontinued installing the block as it offered no structural support and only gave 10 extra pounds of buoyancy. I think the coast guard recommends 65 pounds and with the dry well and bulkhead the kayak has 165 pounds of buoyancy.

Overall this is a good recreational kayak and the tracking should be fine for this use. I would not probably be happy with the tracking if this was intended for a touring kayak though.