Submitted: 07-19-2010 by Elegantmess

I had bought the boat as a little family fun. The boat is built to last no doubt, but to be honest it has a blunt entry making it not the easiest kayak to paddle against the flow of a river, even when compared with other inflatables. We used it a couple of times but were frustrated by the small valves which left our expensive handpump with built in pressure gauge with a very unreliable reading. The Boston valves could lose pressure from the securing screwthreads, and the floor valve got decidedly hot with a high volume pump as it did not let that much air in quickly. To be honest it was none of these that made me sell it on. It was the amount drying time that made me decide to find something different.

If you are going to be using it for a couple of days camping then this is the boat for you. If however it will be used for the occasional day of evening out there are better and cheaper alternatives. Personally we have ended up very Satisfied with the Red Star Pathfinder kayaks, while not as robust as the Colorado a quick wipe after use and it is dry.