Submitted: 07-19-2010 by steve_in_idaho
The woodworking in my cherry Kettlewll paddle is perfect. Excellent grain selection and shaping. It slices silently through underwater recoveries and balances nicely. I especially like the shape of the grip - it works well for a variety of styles - and the shaft is perfectly shaped.

As mentioned already - the finish could be a little better. Mine has one slightly noticeable run. But this paddle is not furniture and is meant to be used - and you will eventually have to touch up the finish anyway. I doubt that many will ever match the original quality of the finish in their touch-up or re-finish.

My only complaint is that I would prefer the grip to be oiled instead of varnished - but I can always do that myself.

BTW - Ray is very helpful with sizing and delivery was quicker than advertised. His price is more than fair, considering the quality of wood and craftsmanship.