Submitted: 07-15-2010 by DH

I purchased my Venture Easky 15 October 2009. I wanted a boat that could handle Marsh/coastal conditions better; a boat I could use to get more experience in coastal conditions. This boat seemed to fit my needs and was in my price range.

The Stability is excellent and the boat cuts through the water with ease. I am 6'2" 195 pounds size 12-13 shoe. The cockpit is comfortable and somewhat roomy. Large hatches would make a over nighter no problem. Deck rigging on the bow of the boat is good. I also added Stern rigging as well. I went to the NRS website and ordered 8 feet of bungee cord and ran the rigging myself. This has really allowed me to store additional gear with ease.

Longest I have been in the boat without exit was 4 hours. One thing I would invest in is heel Padz. Sitting in the boat for long periods of time really hurt my heels until I installed heel Padz. Wet exits are no problems and I have not yet mastered the roll so I can't say much on that. Self rescues or climbing back in the boat was a little tricky just because the fact that my behind is big. 36 inch waist...Give me a break,I'm working on it:) Keep center of gravity low and big behinds should be ok.

I would have to agree with the previous post from meb, the plastic is strong, but not as strong as some other Kayaks made by P&H. As I understand it, Venture Kayaks are made by P&H, However P&H kayaks I think are made of better thicker material then their spin off brand Venture Kayaks.

In June, 7 months after I purchased the boat I came back from a trip on a local lake. As I was rinsing the boat off with the hose, I saw a crack around the screw that holds the thigh pad in place. I contacted the Venture Kayaks since the boat was still under warranty. They asked me to take a few pictures of the crack, a short description of what happened and include this information in a email. Venture Kayaks / P&H Replaced the ENTIRE kayak. I have myself a brand new Kayak! Now that's customer service! Each new Easky 15 comes with a one year warranty and Venture Kayaks / P&H hold true to there warranty.

All around a great boat. I think the asking price with a skeg is around 1200 dollars. I purchased mine without a skeg for 850 dollars new. All around this is a great boat and I have no regrets spending my 850 dollars on this boat. I love it even with the cracked thigh pad issue. I would suggest this boat to anyone who is on a budget and looking to explore local lakes, rivers or coast lines. I love my Easky and look forward to moving into a Capella one day.

Point 65: