Submitted: 07-15-2010 by docscott

Never paddled a canoe since my first time in a kayak in 1993. You'll paddle this Twin Otter once and your canoeing days are history.

My wife and I paddled a pair of Keowees by Perception for a few years until our pooch out grew sitting on back (a matter of a few months). I bought a Twin Otter in August of 2000 thinking that it would be perfect. NAAAA...pooch wants to be a bow rider. Hauling her in and getting a bath and shower every time, grew old really quick. Get this, she doesn't like the water either. I built her bow railings of rope and pvc pipe. Great Idea! The pooch hasn't gone overboard for nearly 10 years now.

Like it's kin (the one person Otter)it is very stable maneuvers well and is good in up to class II rivers. Unlike it's kin, it tracks well and is so much faster. Heck, I had to buy my wife a 13' 4" Perception America to keep up with me and the pooch. I have dragged it over stones and rocks, from the truck to water everywhere because it is heavy for this oldtimer. You younger guys'n'gals should make play of it. I just sold it and the buyer was surprised with it's good condition. So, yes, it is durable and passes the test of time.