Submitted: 07-13-2010 by tsunami
After paddling a WS Tsunami 140 for a few years, we decided to pick up a couple of 10' kayaks just for quick paddles locally. I found a couple of Riot Quest 10's in excellent condition on Craigslist. They are really very nice looking little kayaks...nice finish, Greenland style bow...although they do have the useless rear hatch (no bulkhead).

We took them out today and found them to be a bit tippy at first, but after a few minutes I started to feel more comfortable. The Quest does move along very well for a 10' boat, glides nice, turns on a dime, and tracks well in very flatwater. But in any kind of moving water it needs constant correcting...I'm talikng about a gentle river current, nothing with a class number! Also, some of the design elements are questionable...in front of the seat where the indentation is for a beverage holder, they installed the seat adjustment buckle. Plus the comfort and available adjustments for the seat are mediocre. However, nothing is perfect and it does have it's attributes, so I do plan on using it a few more times before I decide it's "fate"!

Black Lagoon Products, LLC: