Submitted: 07-12-2010 by ibapaddler

I had a Carolina 13.5 Airalite when they first came out with that material. I loved the weight of the boat and the way it handled. I did a lot of paddling in it. But I had problems with the Airalite material- they may have corrected the problems. First I had cracking where the fasteners for the footpeg track came through the hull which required repair from my dealer. Then about the 4th year The cowling around the cockpit started separating from the hull. I took it to my dealer hoping to have, or find out how to repair it- as I said I loved every other aspect of the boat- He, remembering the earlier problems said, "you shouldn't have to deal with that and replaced the boat, at no cost, with another of a different material." I must say I was sad leaving that boat behind as we had paddled many waters together. It was a retirement gift to myself.