Submitted: 07-12-2010 by navyvet68

I've been paddling my QCC 400X Kevlar/Carbon Fiber kayak for more than eight years and I just love the darn thing. Before I bought the 400X, I spent months going to different demo shows in Northern Michigan. I probably tried more than a dozen different manufacturer's boats before I finally settled on the QCC. I loved the idea and beauty of a wooden kayak, but I could not find one that was light enough or felt just right.

I finally ordered the 400X because of the product reviews and the money back guarantee. The sales person convinced me to purchase the 400X without the thigh braces. And, I did, but it just didnít work for me. So, I returned the otherwise beautiful boat and they constructed and sent me another 400X with the thigh braces, retractable skeg and recessed compass hatch. The boat is so darn pretty, Iíd love to hang it on my living room wall. But, instead, when not in use, itís wrapped in a wonderfully well-made "Kayak Sak" from Kayak Covers of Charleston.

QCC took the returned boat and sent me the new 400X without a whimper or a whine. They refunded my entire purchase price for the first kayak and paid the freight both ways. They were, in fact, both encouraging and insistent that I receive exactly what I wanted. Their "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" actually was as simple as it sounded.

Once I floated the new 400X, it was everything that I had hoped it would be. The seat was comfortable and offered good support. And, the boat itself was easy to pull through the water, tracked straight and was extremely stable.

I'm now in my 60's and the boat is still light enough for me to sling it over my shoulders and walk it down to the beach. I know it's hard to tell from this review... but, I love my QCC!