Submitted: 07-07-2010 by mikehenebry
I love the style, fit (tight and implosion resistant)and comfort of the IR Excursion skirt as noted by previous reviewers. My only problem with the IR Excursion is that it leaks badly - causing my thighs to be soaked just from paddle drips and splashes onto the deck. IMHO a high-quality spray skirt should not leak from paddle drips, so I contacted IR.

I was told that it is almost impossible to create a watertight seal between the neoprene and skirt and the nylon tunnel. However, the new Excursions are tape sealed from the outside of the skirt, and IR generously offered to tape mine on the outside. In the meantime, I completely sealed the neo/nylon from the outside using tent seam sealer available from Wal Mart and any other store with a camping department. No more soaking from paddle drips.

High marks to IR overall for their great customer service.