Submitted: 07-06-2010 by travlinsam
Love this canoe!
I've had my Adventure 14 for 3 years now and take it in all kinds of water. I originally bought it so my brother could bring his dog along (she weighs about 50 lbs) and it has been a great canoe for bringing that extra pet or child along with you.

Some people say it's "tippy" but I don't agree. Any canoe or kayak is "tippy" to some degree, but I've had a 50 lb dog and a 2 year old moving all about in this thing (my wife was also in the canoe) and it was a great platform to paddle and fish from. Of course, fishing with a dog and a 2 year old (not to mention a wife who's patience was growing slim) did not have the same appeal as just myself and another buddy...what can I say?

Anyhow...I paddle this on lakes and in rivers...rocky rivers...that's why I bought it...I go places where I know I'm going to scrape bottom at times and (not by choice) bounce of the odd rock or two. I wanted a canoe that could take a beating and still survive. I found this canoe to be easy to paddle solo or with another person.

The only reason I gave it a "9" is because of the weight, which is hard to hand solo. I made that tradeoff when I picked a canoe that could take a beating, so I'm NOT complaining.

All in all...this is a great canoe and it'll handle everything you can throw at it.