Submitted: 07-06-2010 by KarenAnn

We recently purchased two of these Kayaks from Costco. So far we love them! We just got back from a vacation to Lake Tahoe, CA. The water was a bit choppy and cool, the boats handled it all with no problems, got a few good sized wakes, took them head on and not a drop of water over the bow. They track straight and we were surprised at how far and fast we went with not much effort. I agree they seem a bit heavy, we had to carry them quite a distance. We do plan on buying some wheels for them. We did a lot of shopping for a Kayak and found that the Costco Equinox was a pretty good deal with the paddles and cartop carrier.

Only problem I have so far is the thigh braces. I am 5'2" with short legs. With my feet on the pegs there is no way my legs can even touch the pads (even with adjustments).