Submitted: 07-01-2010 by Dom

I have owned my Colorado for 5 years. This boat has been a pure joy. I have no idea why folks are questioning its stability or quality. I have taken her all over Western NY and the Adirondacks. She has run into all manner of beaver dams, been dragged over nasty portages and back country swamps.

Yes, the polyethylene is soft and scratches... so what. I have carried as much as 500 pounds of gear with no ill consequences. On one trip she took on some serious water after a series of waves came over the bow (note well, next time put the heavy guy in the stern seat) aside from not responding to paddle she floated nicely to shore. This despite a strong wind out of the west kicking up some nasty surf.

The seat attachments are horrible and I have had to repair all of them (after I called for a new seat Pelican was very nice and sent a new one, that one broke too). The repairs were pretty easy and have held up better than new.

Overall this is a great boat, not real pretty and sleek but a real work horse. I have caught hundreds of bass, pike and trout using this little craft. We have weathered storms and week long deer hunting trips,I have dropped her off the top of my truck more than once and she still holds up. I trust her with mine and my kids life.
You gotta buy this one!!!