Submitted: 07-01-2010 by CLP

I've been paddling the Pungo 120 for 1-1/2 years now, and it's pretty perfect for the sort of water I play around on, which is full of rocks, has some smaller rapids, and also includes long stretches of flat water and swampy creeks. It's great for stepping onto logs, dragging the boat across, and getting back in. It tracks well and I can't complain about the speed. While it is very stable, it can capsize, which can create an uncomfortable situation. Because I like to go alone and in cooler weather, I just ordered some floatation bags to help in that regard. It's good information to see how the boat behaves when it's full of water (in several respects like a swamped canoe). So far it has held up to all the scrapes caused by running up on rocks. I'm curious to see how long it lasts with that normal use for the river I run. I give it a 9 because the rear bulkhead leaked from day 1. Also the front deck compresses quite a bit when I lash it to the top of my truck. There may be nothing the manufacturer can do about that, but I still wince when I see it happen. I am 6'1" and can see where this would not be the right boat for a shorter person, who might have difficulty clearing the coaming with a paddle. Overall, I've grown to appreciate this rugged little boat.