Submitted: 06-29-2010 by amybob

I have been a boater for many years having everything from a 14ft runabout, 14ft jon boat, and a 24ft pontoon boat. I decided to downsize a few years ago to a canoe. Searched online for canoes for a few weeks before purchasing a Pelican 15.5ft canoe. I used it for two years.

Just recently we went to Paddle at the point in Downtown Pittsburgh (Breaking a World Record) and saw a Mad River 14ft Adventure. I checked out all of the features and wanted it. I searched the area Sporting good stores and found one at Dicks Sporting Goods. I sold the Pelican and got the Mad River Adventure. Me and my wife have paddled it at several paddling events in all sorts of water conditions and LOVED IT.

We have been paddling in lakes and rivers and it is very Stable and Comfortable. You can do everything from chillin out Floating, Fishing, to Paddling hard and hitting some smaller rapids. We give this canoe a big thumbs up.
Good job Mad River keep making great canoes and kayaks.