Submitted: 06-22-2010 by RobertOK

This is a very nice boat for the money. I bought it for the big cockpit in order to carry a large telephoto lens.

The seat is very comfortable and easily adjustable. It has a cup holder and protective pads on the sides of the cockpit. The carrying handles are comfortable. The boat seems to be as light as advertised.

The boat performs well for my purposes (which are mostly photographic). My wife doesn't like the way it tracks though.

The only negative I have is the material. We also own an Eddyline Skylark, a more expensive boat, but with some comparable specs on paper. The Eddyline composite is much more solid and stiffer than the Hurricane's. They're not even close. Before you purchase the Hurricane you may want to check out the Eddylines. That being said, I think the Santee will hold up and there is a significant price difference. My point here is that not all composites are created equal.