Submitted: 06-17-2010 by se7enhdy
This is a follow-up review of my earlier review of the Aris Angler inflatable I purchased.
Well a couple of months have passed and I had been using my boat on a regular daily basis until last week. It seems that every time the boat just touches the floating dock (or anything) the PVC hull of my boat retains scratches! I'm not rough with it but just docking/launching the boat from the dock causes serious cuts and scratching along the sides. The damage is so bad that I acquired a small leak that I had to patch. I have to try and paint the boat with PVC paint to fill in the scratches as I don't feel safe any longer with this boat in the water. Believe me, I'm not one to complain but everyone I talk to at the dock tells me that my situation should not happen.

So, with regrets I have to rate this boat with 'insight'; the quality of this model is not good and I would not recommend anyone to purchase this model. The material is of poor quality. The seams along both sides of the boat and everywhere are all showing the glue and have discolored! I've gotten to where I just don't trust this boat any longer on the water and will use as a $1049.00 (the amount I paid for this boat) as a pool toy.

Okay, lessons learned. A pretty costly lesson for a retired man on a fixed income but worse is the fact that not only am I out my investment, I can no longer kayak everyday which is what I really enjoyed. It was good for my soul and my health. This is not a quality boat and not dependable on the water.

Oh yes, I received an email from someone at ARIS customer service; they don't have a clue why this is happening. BTW, I used the kayak paddling on a lake and on the Gulf, there was no abuse on my part. I take excellent care of my personal items, i.e. I still have my 1998 VW Jetta in perfect shape as it looked 12 years ago when driven off the show room floor...

I rate this inflatable boat as 'POOR' and would not recommend anyone to purchase.