Submitted: 06-16-2010 by Hottvr

I just got back from a weekend in the Ozark mountains of Missouri. We ran Indian creek, Big Sugar creek and the Little Sugar creek. This boat is unreal!
These small creeks are very shallow and at this time of the year have water temps in the 70 degree range. Indian Creek drops about 30 feet in its last 2.9 miles before entering the elk. It probably averages only 50 feet wide and is littered with strainers(dead fallen trees). There are no real big drops in the creek. However there is a section that has three 2 foot falls within 450 feet.

The boat works so good that I was amazed. Lots of places on the creek you only have 6-8 feet of width to work with. The LL Remix XP-10 is great for this kind of creek. I'm not the best paddler, that's for sure. But the boat is a great kayak for many of the small tight streams in the Ozarks. If you buy one you won't be sorry. This little creek is not big whitewater, but it is very technical and things happen fast. We did the 2.9 miles in just 17 minutes. I think that's about 10 miles per hour.
Just buy one!!!