Submitted: 06-16-2010 by dchpaddler

Going in to my second season with the Looksha 12 and I am very happy. This is my first kayak. I have not tried a lot of different kayaks, so I have no real reference for comparison.

I use it for one to two night trips on rivers in the Midwest and for fishing on small lakes and ponds. I chose this kayak over other similar kayaks due to its large storage capacity for its length. I feel that the performance is good. It has fair maneuverability and tracks well. It is a kayak that is good for many types of boating. The adjustable seat is very comfortable. It takes a good bit of abuse from unloading and loading on rocky banks and concrete boat ramps as well as bottoming out on sand and rocks. There are visible signs (small scratches on the bottom of the boat) from the wear but seams to be a long way from punctures or any leakage in the hull.

Overall I am well satisfied with this boat. It is a boat that can get you though the moving water but still fairs well on the larger slower rivers and small lakes and ponds.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: