Submitted: 06-14-2010 by Jerome

I just purchased a Tsunami 140 after looking at sever kayaks. The fit was excellent, however I was concerned about the reviews on the leaking rear hatches, how bad could they be? When the kayak arrived, it was fine, however the rear hatch is impossible to get on.It does not come close to fitting. Wilderness says on their site that they redesigned the covers, however after forty minutes and a friend helping, we could still not get the cover on. I can't imagine doing this when it is in the water. The hatch cover is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. I would feel safer with a sheet of plastic and a few rubber bands(seriously). I think this is a real product liability case waiting to happen. I would not recommend this boat if you plan on going out in any water other than a swimming pool for fear of flooding due to their defective rear hatches.

New York Kayak Co.: