Submitted: 06-10-2010 by flycastfortrout

Great little boat!
I have experience with many different canoes and currently own a Disco 158 as well. This is my first solo, but I have borrowed a OT Pack before. I have the "Guide 119" molded in camo from Dick's. It is in fact the Discovery 119. Best $400 ever spent in this sport.

I find it tracks really well on flat water with a reasonable J-stroke (even better with a 5 yr.old sitting in front of me). I tried a kayak paddle on the river today and was really impressed with how quickly it will scoot up river for a canoe. I've attached some bungee rigging for storage and paddle keepers. I also am using a 1.5 lb folding anchor on a 24ft retractable dog leash. It holds well in the current and the leash keeps the floor clean and the rope free from tangles. A rope cleat secures things as to not put too much stress on the leash holder.
Best fishing boat for solo or Dad and 5 yr. old yet. In a few weeks I plan to add some DIY outriggers with Scotty rod holders so I'll be able to stand up and sight fish on the river with a fly rod. I can't wait to take this one out for multi-day trip.

Thunder Bay Tourism: