Submitted: 06-08-2010 by SafetyIsParamount

I've owned my Aire Lynx II inflatable kayak for just over a year, and my experience has been a delight. Very fast to inflate, this boat is also built like a tank: Unlike most inflatables, I have no fear of this one sinking, and it's backed by a 10 year warranty.

Control is very sure via my 4-piece 230cm (90 in.) paddle, and this boat can turn on a dime. In windy weather, control can be an issue (as with all inflatables), but in rough water this boat tends to skim over the top of waves rather than punching through them.

Overall, I'd recommend the Lynx II for paddlers of Beginning to Intermediate ability looking for an easy-to-use get-out-and-go kayak that's easily portable, rugged, and good looking (I regularly receive compliments RE: my boat). While there are less expensive inflatables available, I like knowing that my boat can stand up to rocks and water hazards far better than most.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: