Submitted: 06-08-2010 by chris P

I have 3 of these boats (under the Tarpon 120 label) purchased in 2005. I've paddled on mostly rivers and some flat water.

After about 150-200 miles I only have two issues with the boat. The seat contour is a reverse slope and forms a pool, so any water that get in this area won't drain. This makes for a soggy tush all day. The other is no seat bottom. I believe the new Tarpon design has remedied this; but I don't know if a padded and dry tush is worth $300+ dollars.

AS far as performance, the hull design is very efficient. The v-hull minimizes wind push, yet is shallow enough to float in 4-5 inches of water. I've also had the 10 foot size, but recommend the 12-footer as the best size for speed and maneuverability on rivers and lakes.

I just saw them on sale an Gander Mountain for $549.99. That's less than I paid for my Tarpons five years ago.