Submitted: 06-07-2010 by Mr NW Missouri

We've had 2 of these for just under 2 years now. Most of our use is a class 1 float stream, which they work super for. We take our 2 sons with us, and there is plenty of room for them to sit in the cockpit. The front is VERY roomy, one could store quite a bit in the front. The back is quite a bit lower. Although I haven't done it yet, I agree about cutting the back storage compartment out. It is WAY too small to do any good, if it was actually water tight I might reconsider, but since it isn't, one isn't losing anything.

I've had it down a class 2-3 stream one time (St Francis River south of St Louis, from Millstream gardens to Silvermines, at 3.2 on the Roselle gauge. Obviously, it's a little long for that type of trip, and I had to be extremely careful not to let it get away from me. But I made it OK, without wrapping myself around any big rocks. The voluminous front helped to keep the water out of the boat on the 2-4' drops. It does maneuver well for a 14'er. I've also had it out on a breezy lake and didn't have any trouble there. The lake was too small to have really big waves, so that wasn't an issue.

Summary: Its a great boat for day and overnight trips, especially for the price. The construction material is a little thin, and wouldn't take years of rock scraping, but does great for our use. Very stable. Great value.