Submitted: 07-24-2000 by PJD

This makes an excellent solo/tandem combination canoe. I ordered it factory direct with a center seat installed, in Royalex, for $785. The canoe has great secondary stability, so you can easily lean it to the gunnels without tipping over. It tracked and glided very well in the tandem mode, although it does not carry a lot of extra gear. As a solo, it seemed to track a bit less well, which was probably due to the lack of weight in the canoe (just me, a life perserver, and a paddle), although I had no problem paddling it solo for several miles on flat water, so the effort isn't excrutiating, merely a compromise judging a tandem canoe by solo performance. It is the easiest tandem canoe for paddling solo that I've experienced, although I've never tried the Dagger Reflection 15, which supposedly is a good tandem canoe for paddling solo. The center section is sufficiently narrow to permit easy paddling from the optional center seat, or you can just paddle from the bow seat in reverse -- I don't know whether I really need the center seat or not -- although it probably will come in handy for faster moving water.