Submitted: 06-04-2010 by kebs
The livery I manage uses Daytrippers as the livery boat and I refer to them as floating bathtubs. They are slugs, but very stable. We picked up an All Water to try out thinking we may wish to offer something a bit more lively. I took it for a paddle the other day from the shop up to the "play wave".

Paddling the Allwater was fun. It is a fast boat and quite comfortable. It is rather stable and can turn very quickly. The lowerable skeg does make it track more like a Daytripper, but pull it up and you have a serviceable WW boat.

I did not have a skirt with me so I paddled it open. I took on water multiple times on the short paddle carving turns. The cockpit is very low to the water in the rear. I got out on the main playwave and surfed a bit. The boat surfed well until I got the nose into the wave and water poured into the cockpit.

Now, I have always been a canoe guy, but I really did enjoy paddling the Allwater. I will have to find a skirt in the shop and get back to surfing that wave.