Submitted: 06-02-2010 by David

I bought my Prism over 10 years ago. I was pretty heavy then, over 300lbs. I free dive from it and kept dipping the hatches when I scooted up to get gear in and out. I sunk it twice and barely saved it had it not been for my buddy.

What I did was take Plastic Lawn edging. About 3 1/2 inches wide. I cut and wrapped it around the hatch lip. I then pop riveted it to the lip every few inches. I then sealed it with poly butylene caulking. The hatch then fits on the top of the lawn edging and I only use one of the seals that I glued to the extension. The only drawback is it make putting my longer seargun in but it won't take a long gun anyway.

It is a very fast boat and great in the wind. I dive with mostly Scupper Pros and they can't keep up.

I am now 230-240lbs. and I love it. I just mounted a fishfinder on it today. I have a Drifter by Ocean Kayaks and it is a Tugboat. Its hard to paddle because it is so wide. But when I seldom scuba that's what I use. I want to find another Prism used.