Submitted: 05-27-2010 by supertracks

We rented previously and finally decided to purchase. After paddling many brands and models we settled on the Pungo 120 Ultralite. For all of the water we paddle in the Northwest the Pungo serves our needs as a flat water boat. The new Ultralite material is basically a thermalform boat of acrylic and plastic. It is more expensive but saves 10lbs. or so off the rotomold boats. I like the big rear hatch for storing gear and the kayak console for storing little stuff. Since it does not have a front bulkhead I used the NRS bow flotation product.

Boat performance, tracking, and stability is great. There are faster boats out there my 12 year old sons Perception Tribute 12 is faster since it is a narrower boat with a soft chine. But for comfort, easy cruising, and a lot of fun you cannot beat the Pungo series.