Submitted: 05-26-2010 by Robert

I was leery about purchasing this Kayak because all I heard was "best chair ever" or some similar comment about the chair. Now, I have to admit, the chair is comfortable. Sun-Up to Sun-Down fishing without a single pain nor do I have to re-situate on a regular basis.

Now, the real review...
I'm really impressed at the design. It appears to be more flat-bottom, but it can handle chop very, very well. I own an OK as well and this one is a much more smooth ride. It's very fast in calm water and tracks very well and it holds it's own in the chop while not being quite as fast as the more typical "V" style hulls. It is much more quiet in chop than the "V" styles also.

My opinion is that this is one of the best as far as small to medium lakes and is best in rivers... regardless of current flow. I have been in 25mph current and didn't have any problem at all going upstream. I attribute this to the flatter style which allows you to sit more on top of the water.

It's very stable and even though I could probably stand, I never need to because the chair really is as comfortable as all the hype you read. I weigh 210lbs and I never get wet... except when I paddle (even in big lake chop). The hardest thing you'll do is figure out how you want to accessorize... I would highly recommend purchasing this unless you frequent the salt water more than fresh.