Submitted: 05-24-2010 by Northpaw

I finally got my hands on one of these after paddling a friends last summer and couldn't be happier. I wanted an offshore boat that had the glide to make multi mile paddles a bit easier yet still had the stability to keep me at ease when big things were tugging me around. In my opinion, this is the best available answer to that tricky combination.

The Marauder sits well in choppy waters with no unsettled feelings whatsoever. Speed wise its comparable to the Tarpon 140, but feels more stable to me. My only concern is the footwell space. With the large rectangular hatch (which gives great access to the hull BTW) between my legs, there doesn't appear to be much room for my size 12's on either side. Once I got in and paddled for a bit I found this to be much less a concern than I thought with no ankle rubbing etc to be found.

Overall this is the boat I have been wanting for years. Easy to rig, and the perfect combo of speed and stability. Excellent job Cobra. I just wish the tales of it being discontinued were false. I'm sure glad I got my hands on this one. I'm not letting go.