Submitted: 05-24-2010 by AustinRitz

Really great stable boats! I bought two of them around two and a half years ago (one for me and one for my wife). We found that in calm waters its nice to plug the scupper holes for a completely dry ride.

All in all, these boats are quite stable, they track straight and are awesome for fishing. There are bungees under the side handles to hold your paddle when not in use.

Last spring my friend and I took them several miles from shore on the Chesapeake. This was his first experience in a kayak, and on the return trip we got caught in a storm about a mile from shore. The boats handled pretty well considering they are really not designed for those conditions!

I would recommend this boat for any type of inland waters, and fair weather surf use they are awesome boats for families and fishing use. The back luggage area is reinforced to carry a large cooler or serve as a child seat. One advantage with the sit on top design is that it would require a major hull breach to flood the boat with water. My friend capsized in 2 1/2 foot waves, and was able to easily right the boat and climb back on. Its nearly impossible to swamp this boat!

Mostly I use this boat for fishing/ recreation on large rivers and lakes. If I used it more in rough water I'd like a lower seat. The seating position on this boat gives a fairly high center of gravity