Submitted: 05-18-2010 by JC

I picked up the Caster yesterday at Dick's and took it out for its first outing today. We ran about four miles of the upper Guadalupe River and overall this yak did just as I expected (previous reviews are accurate for the most part).

Tracks good, stable enough in the class I stuff, and makes good speed in the flat water. I weigh 250 and I am 6'3", so I realize I make a good load, but it still was a wetter ride than I really expected. I know, several ratings warned me, but my feet were in a constant inch and a half of water the entire time. Not a problem in the river, but I expect it won't be as comfortable at the coast. I am going to try scupper plugs and a sponge on the next outing. But, overall, I still rate the kayak as a great buy and I am glad I got it. Dick's Sporting Goods has them on sale right now for $499. That is half of the Wilderness boats, which are very similar. Hope this review helps someone. Now I am going to change out of my wet swimsuit.