Submitted: 05-18-2010 by PW

I purchased a Combi in the WW version about four years ago. This was my first step up from a recreational boat. I am very impressed with the HTP plastic, the aluminum seat braces, the adjustable seat, the hatch covers and the rigging. At 250 pound I am a snug fit in this boat but it works well for me. I have found that on flat water the bow does seem to plow as others on this site have mentioned. I also have trouble keeping it tracking straight even with the optional bolt on skeg. This boat really changes character when going down stream in a river, it's white water capabilities really shine. The boat is easy to roll and lots of fun to play with in creeks and rivers. The dry storage area is nice for day trips. I have since added more kayaks to my fleet but I still like to play with the Combi in creeks and I have used it to introduce several family members to the sport. My only complaint with this boat is that every time I lend it out I have a hard time getting it back.