Submitted: 05-06-2010 by SWS

I own 6 kayaks of all types and have paddled many more. What I really like about the Titan VI is the way it paddles forward and backward! It rolls like a dream and the quality is first rate, BUT, I really hate the seat pan. After paddling about 6 miles my upper thigh bones are very sore from hitting the edges of the seat pan. I am 5'6" tall and that is probably why they hit that point when my knees are braced against the thigh hooks(which are comfortable); poor design and they know it and are changing it but it does not help me.

Another thing I really hate is the back band system, "Raknid" is what they call it. Arachnid, like spider web, is more like it! It flops all over the place and is rather useless. The local Atlantis dealer cannot even figure it out! Another bad design. If you want to travel to the factory, in Canada and a ferry ride to Vancouver Island and back, they are happy to show you how it works.

They need to rethink how they do business, but it is a great hull design and superior foot pedal/rudder control. With an umbrella the boat sails like a dream!

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: