Submitted: 05-06-2010 by MJ

I purchased a Manatee kayak from LL Bean in March 2010 for my 60th birthday. I read many reviews and did some research and decided on this boat. I am a female and needed one I could carry by myself. It arrived in about 2 weeks to my doorstep all wrapped up in bubble wrap.

I have been out in it 4 times now and am totally happy with it. The seat and foot rests are very comfortable. I haul it in the back of my Ford Explorer with just a few inches of it sticking out the back. I am able to get into and out of it well and find it to be extremely stable. I have been out in calm and slightly windy conditions and the kayak had no trouble at all.

I am a beginner kayaker and am still gaining experience. I think it tracks well and does what I want it to. I give it a 10 for my overall expectations.