Submitted: 05-03-2010 by Rod

I considered many different things before purchasing this canoe. I love to fish so I wanted a canoe that was lightweight, stable and wide, but also want something that tracked okay. Wishful thinking, right? Well, I got two out of three. But that was somewhat to be expected. Today was first voyage and it was surprising fast. I stood up a few times and immediately noticed it was superior in stability to any canoe I have ever been in. Heck at 40" wide, how could it not be. You would be hard pressed to roll it. I was quite pleased for the first hour and then the winds started. I did quite a few twirls throughout the day. I had expected this and look forward to a day that is a little more calm. Getting in and out of the water by myself was a breeze and the trade-off for tracking is that it will turn on a dime.

Overall I am pleased with the purchase and would recommend it to others. Just know that if it is windy, you may struggle a little if you are solo.