Submitted: 05-03-2010 by CRJ

When my Mariner Coaster burned up in a tragic shop fire I wanted to replace it but Mariner no longer builds them. I remembered that Brian Schulz had a copy of a Coaster in skin-on-frame (SOF) so went to his website (www.capefalconkayak.com) and discovered that he had refined the SC-1 into the F-1 and could customize it to fit. My only complaint about the Coaster was its short cockpit and poor seat. Brian designed an F-1 to fit me and in May of 2009 I spent a week at his shop building mine. I love this boat almost as much as I love my Coaster. Unfortunately, my wife loves it too. It's stable, maneuverable, surfs like mad, and is comfortable for hours at a time. No wonder she likes it. She has no idea it's a high performance kayak. Dammit. If you want a boat you won't get tired of and want to learn how to build your own SOF boats at the same time, the F-1 and Brian is the answer. Highly recommended.