Submitted: 04-30-2010 by jeremy

After owning the Innova Safari a couple more years (see my 2008 reviews below), I still say this is the best IK you can buy for flatwater AND whitewater up to Class III!

I just bought an Aire Force XL for handling big water (Class IV and large volume), but compared to the Safari it is slower, and doesn't play as well as the Safari. For up to Class III rapids, I'll use my Safari. For Class IV or higher, large volume, or unfamiliar rivers, I'll use the safer, but not as playful Aire Force XL.

The only problem with the Safari on large volume and Class IV or greater is the fact that the narrow boat gets swallowed up by big water because the bailing is slower and the side tubes are not as high as other boats. This fact means that the Safari can easily be wrapped around rocks on big, powerful rapids. The Safari has bulletproof construction though, so that is not a problem!