Submitted: 04-28-2010 by Steven M Ellis

I've only been paddling for about a year,and as a novice who's only had a couple of lessons in hardshells I cant compare my k79hf(the green one) to much else, but me & my over-sized Collie love it! We paddle around the Norfolk Broads, take camping trips, etc.

The Tahiti is hard work upstream even in a mild current, mainly because the bow is a bit "blunt" so it doesn't cut the water. But in the stills or downstream it's fine. As everyone says, you need the skeg (unless you stick a couple of skegs on like I have).

At the end of the day, in my humble opinion you're not going to beat the Tahiti for smiles per buck, I got a superb deal on mine from sk camping... paid 79. The only thing I can really dis are the seats... they're shite. I paddle solo & wedge the seat back against the stern spray deck.that supports the backrest but the sit-on bit is too small even if you ain't a fat arse.

Trust me, if you're considering a Tahiti then look at the nearest competition, compare the prices, then order a skeg & buy a Tahiti!! Hope this helps & remember: have fun but be safe.

Suspenz: