Submitted: 07-21-2000 by Patrick

We bought two Swifty 3.1s this summer from REI and took them on a three week camping trip to southeastern Oklahoma. Even with back trouble, I could easily handle them from the top of the Suburban. My 15 year old son and I trout fished with them nearly every day. Plenty of room in cockpit for fishing gear. The red kayak seemed stealthier than the yellow. We made three runs down the Lower Mountain Fork in flood stage. Rentals had shut down because of high water. I kept getting swamped in a Class III section of the river so we are getting a pair of skirts. My son did not get swamped! My wife and 9 year old loved them on the lake and calmer portions of the river. The whole family is pleased and looks forward to many more pleasurable hours with these neat boats. I found the product reviews posted here to be accurate and helpful in our purchase decision.