Submitted: 04-21-2010 by rona1117

I recently purchased a Current Designs Vision 140 as an upgrade to my Kestrel 120 HV. I was limited in my selection of kayaks due to my height(6'4")which prevented me from fitting comfortably in many kayaks by several different builders. I'm impressed with the 140 for several reasons:
  1. I fit in it with comfort and security
  2. It's easy for someone of my height to enter and exit
  3. The 14'length and 24" width make for better tracking and speed, while preserving much of the stability that I want (tipping over is not my idea of a good time)
  4. It weights only 36 pounds. This makes it easy to lift and place on top of my SUV by myself--which means, I'll use it a lot more
  5. The versatility of this hybrid (rec/touring) allows me to better enjoy lakes--large and small, and rivers. Due to now owning a narrower kayak, I also went from a 240 to a 230 paddle and I was surprised at the positive difference.
I highly recommend this kayak to anyone who wants much of the stability of a wider recreational kayak, but also some of the speed and tracking of a touring kayak, and yet, be small and light enough to handle by yourself. So far, it's a 10 for my needs and wants.

Sea Specs: