Submitted: 04-16-2010 by kobzol

So far so good. I'm only 3 weeks into owning this boat and have taken it out in the ocean twice. I will follow up at the end of the season with my observations.
If my Nordkapp is like riding a dolphin then Seda Tango is like riding an Orca.

This is a big boat. Big to cartop, big to handle. But surprisingly, given it's length it is still relatively light. Two people will carry this boat just fine. It is probably between 80 and 90 lbs. This is my first boat I use the kayak wheels for moving it around. It does take two people to cartop this thing safely. But hey - it's a boat for two. I did try to paddle it alone and without a rudder it takes forever to turn this beast into the wind. With the rudder deployed however it is great. This boat could be a great fishing boat for one angler. I plan to try this. This boat will take you far in conditions and it is still stable enough to cast a fishing rod. Just put a neoprene cockpit cover on the front seat and off you go.

I'm taking one point off the rigging arrangements. For a boat this size it is surprisingly unproductive in arranging your gear on deck. For example to stow away my paddle while sitting in the rear seat is not particularly easy given the bungee arrangements. Also, in either seat, twisting around and stowing stuff on the back deck under bungees is surprisingly cumbersome. The bungees on the hatch covers don't provide enough versatility either. For this, I'm taking one point off my current review.

The Tango is 21' long and 29 inches wide. It could probably lose 2 inches in width and still perform well (maybe better). I'm no boat designer but I did stay at Holiday Inn Express once.

My major objective for this kayak is to use it with a second paddle who is either a novice or relatively weak to go considerable distance with a paddling group. Tango delivers here. Big time. I have paddled with my 10 year old son in choppy seas into 20kt wind and we were still able to make a headway. Speed - two of us can look like heroes along with decent paddlers. Tango is confidence inspiring especially for my 10 year old son. We paddle in bigger conditions that would scare him away in his single kayak.

Basically this boat is a lot of fun when going out with my son. I'll check back here in the fall of 2010.