Submitted: 04-16-2010 by baldoam

I was turned onto SkirtworkS by a friend in the local whitewater group - it's a homegrown company with excellent communication with customers. According to my friend they started out making skirts for Mountain Surf.

They will work with you and send back and forth skirts until you have a fit you like, and only then will charge you for it. Custom skirts are easily accommodated and their website gives instructions for tracing the cockpit and including the offset.

They have a "quick grab" handle option I call my "idiot handle" that is sewn down onto the deck such that you cannot accidentally tuck it under. One less thing to think about!

The SWI has little grippy rubber buttons on the underside of the edge to help grip the coaming, also a nice feature.

Excellent workmanship and attention to detail.
I'm getting another skirt from them, this time for my flat water boat. I'm so tired of the nylon tube in my Seals skirt leaking...