Submitted: 04-13-2010 by scooter1979

I have had my Fusion for one month now. I debated hard on the LL XP 9 or the Fusion. I paddled the XP 10 and it seemed a little large for me. I went ahead and bought the Fusion without much paddle time in it. MAN I LOVE IT.

The cockpit is much more narrow than the XP 10. IMO, it is not as stable as the XP series, but is still very stable. Where the Fusion surpasses the XP is in speed and tracking. The XP felt like a big bath tub to me. The Fusion feels like a Formula 1 car. Fast and nimble and tracks great with the skeg up or down. The skeg is not as friendly to use as the XP but it doesn't take long to feel comfortable with the lift rope system. I agree with the comments about the hatch being hard to get on and take off, but that is also what helps it stay completely water proof (XP seems to leak a bit.)

I wrote this review for anyone who is thinking about getting one of the cross over yaks as there is not much info for them in a head to head comparison. Here is one review that I found helpful in my decision:

In my opinion, if you are tired of just paddling small portions of the river and would like a true WW boat that will take you the distance without working you to death, the FUSION is your boat, hands down.

Aqua-Bound: