Submitted: 04-13-2010 by DEM

I'm new to kayaking and when I looked around extensively to find an inexpensive boat with good features the Equinox 124 from Costco won hands down. Great storage, real good paddle for a throw in. most comfortable seat in this price range. paid $320. knee/thigh pads make for a truly comfortable ride. had it for a few weeks now and take it almost daily from my lagoon to barnegat bay outside lbi in NJ.

While it isn't lightning fast it tracks straight forever and is super stable. the adjustable foot rests are a nice addition for a starter kayak as is the adjustable comfy seat. I feel comfortable on the bay in the chop because the boat is stable as anything. one issue so far though - bolt holding in foot rest from outside was loose and was leaking water. tightened it and is now ok. no biggie.

All in all I love this kayak and for the money u just cant do better. i was thinking of getting a two person to take my 6 yr old daughter out with me but she fits perfectly in this with me because of the accommodating cockpit. all i can say is i think all day at work about gettin home to my kayak for a nice relaxing paddle to the bay.