Submitted: 04-12-2010 by nineoaks2004

I pick up my disco 119 at Sportsmans outfitters in Dothan Ala. yesterday. After reading the reviews, I lowered the seat 3 inches. I also made a thwart and moved the forward thwart 6 inches to the rear so my large dry bag would fit. I installed small bungees fore and aft to hold the painters when underway and installed a bungee on the rear thwart to hold rain gear etc. I ordered and received a 102 inch Mohawk break down paddle with the "t" grip adapter set (makes each half a single paddle).

Today I took it to a fish pond and tried it empty, I could stand up in it, I also leaned it to the gunnels and never went over. I then loaded it with enough gear for a week long trip, It was great, and handled great. I am looking forward to my first river trip next week.

I give this canoe a 10 because it is really stable I stood up in it loaded and empty with no problem and I actually tried to dump it to see how far it would go. It handles easily, especially with a double paddle. The single with a "c" stroke takes a little more work but it is manageable. I will use the double paddle on the slow rivers and use the single in tight places.