Submitted: 04-05-2010 by Al

I have had my Kayak for a while now and use it for ocean/inlet/whitewater... The kayak is a well made kayak for the most part, there were a few cosmetic blemishes for it being a new kayak. The blemishes you could tell where made from manufacture, I checked the date made and it was made almost a full 2 years ago. Hopefully by now they have corrected the small problem, because its rather a moot point because all kayaks end up with scrapes on them. The only other grips I have are the stainless steel hardware have some slight rust/corrosion since my boat spends most of its time in salt water. Not a problem since its easy to swap out the few bolts for a higher grade marine stainless. Next would be the seat, I had to add foam for added back support. The seat only supports your lower back and supplies almost no mid support. I am not sure how to go about fixing that problem with out more foam but I will figure something out. My wife's Wilderness Systems boat has a much nicer seat (made 2010) with full back support. The only other problem is the dry hatch leaks, and is more of "kinda wet hatch". Dry bags are a must.

Now for the good, I have this boat in waves and tricky current water and it preforms really well. A spray skirt is a must for waves breaking over the bow. The boat does great riding waves and can turn on a dim with the retractable skeg up. The boat has no problem in very shallow water (3") and up. I needed a cross-over boat for calm and turbulent water. I have the boat filled with 8 inches water and kept a float just fine (took a few set waves over the bow and filled the boat with out a spray skirt on). As for paddling speed its not that fast because of it being a crossover but it can keep up with boats just fine in the same size.

I have been out in several different boats and I would buy this one again with in a heart beat. It just needs a few tweaks to the dry hatch and seat to make it a solid 9.