Submitted: 03-31-2010 by Jaq

I've had the Hobie Pursuit kayak for 8 years now. Bought it for the Georges River and the mainly flat water in Botany Bay. Don't know why people are tipping and falling off on flat water. I started my paddling life on surf-skis... nothing is easier to tip than a ski, so maybe that's why the Pursuit is so stable for me?

I wouldn't take the Pursuit into surf, as it doesn't seem to have been designed for that. But the wake from big boats going past doesn't upset it at all. Lots of room for camping gear/snorkeling/fishing gear. For me the Pursuit does everything I expected it too when I bought it.

Flipping it over in the water isn't a problem either. I find the biggest hassle is carrying it from my garage down to the front garden, as it's quite heavy and awkward for one person to maneuver. I fixed that by threading a flat nylon tow strap through the plug hole and slipping the strap over my shoulder.