Submitted: 03-30-2010 by Kevin

Well I have had my Delta going on three years now. I have paddled a few others but not put any length of time in them but for my purposes the Delta is the best. Being 5'11" and 210, entrance and exit is very nice and I still have no problem edging to practice paddling skills.

I have had the boat to the Outer Banks in NC, Algonquin Park in Ontario with a few portages and enough gear for 5 days. Lake Ontario is not the ocean but we get some good waves to play. Even when we try to see who can get their cockpit full of water by plowing the waves (paddle fast and let the nose drop in to the second wave), the boat is very stable.

Speed is very good for a wider boat and I have no problem keeping up with narrower fiberglass boats. One trip of 15 kilometers took me 1 hrs and 45 minutes. That is with a steady but not hard stroke, mild breeze and nothing high for waves.

After three years the finish, seat, rudder and peddles are like new even though I try to paddle once a week through the spring, summer and fall with our annual New Year’s Day paddle on the lake a have to even. We try to have a few large trips of 3 or more days with gear as well and I still love this boat.

Got my wife in to a Delta and 4 other friend have purchased Delta's after paddling my boat. Each boat to its purpose and this one works great for me.