Submitted: 03-30-2010 by Ron A

My 12 year old son saved up for 2 years and bought this boat. I think it's great for him. When we've gone on the S. Saskatchewan River he had a hard time keeping up with me. I was in a much longer boat. This boat is probably a little on the slow side. When I've tried it I found it tracked well and had a very comfy seat.

One time we went to a tiny lake in central Saskatchewan (Damour Lake). It was very windy and the water was really choppy. I started to go towards the middle of the lake until the wind caught my rented 16' high end kayak and sent me back to shore. After that I could not get off the shore. My son on the other hand was able to (with hard work) go where I could not. He went around a point and out of my sight which worried me. I dragged my boat along the shore until I was sheltered from the wind. When I finally caught up to him he had a big smile on his face. He loved it. I think this is a great starter boat!