Submitted: 03-30-2010 by jimtex222

I paddled this boat last summer and it handled excellent so I bought one this year. The bulkhead stays dry as long as it is closed properly, sort of like tupperware bowl lids but it has never leaked even when I spray all over it with a waterhose. Also it tracks well in the currents, very much better than my old 12' Heritage and it speeds along rather quickly carrying lots and lots of stuff inside and out. I installed a couple of scotty rod holders and found this boat very stable even in rough windy waters.

The only complaint I had was that water would splash over the bow from either side in rough waters but I solved that problem by purchasing the console that is advertised on the same page this boat is on at Perception.com. A half skirt works good too but I like all the nooks and crannies on the console and that still leaves lots of room in the cockpit. I had to do a lot of tinkering with the seat adjustments but I finally found that (just right) feel that keeps me in the saddle for hours at a time.

I rated this boat a (9) just because you have to buy the console separately (I think you need this) but for fit function and performance I would recommend this boat to anyone... just pick your color.